- Freelance writer José R. Mendoza and his wife, who is also a freelancer, had been planning on house-hunting in California when the pandemic hit.
- They decided to move in with their in-laws in Maine — and Mendoza wanted to create some of his dream DIY projects there.
- The first thing he did was set-up a hammock he bought in California, which was quick and easy.
- Next, he built a casita (playhouse) for his child, and he topped it off by redesigning the house’s fire pit.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Right before the beginning of the pandemic, my wife and I were house hunting in San Diego for what would have been the place where we would settle and raise our family. I had all these ideas for home improvement projects that I would work on once we had our new place. The list included everything from building